WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We ask for your name, telephone number, home address, email address and age for competitions, prize draws, or newsletters sign-ups. When a purchase is made on our site, in addition to the above, we also ask for delivery address and payment method details. We may obtain information about your usage of our Website to help us develop and improve it further through online surveys and other requests.
WHAT THE DATA WILL BE USED FOR?
Your data will enable us, and our processors, to fulfil your order, to notify you about important functionality changes and for statistical or survey purposes to improve this website and our services to you. We may also send you from time to time (by email or post) information about products and services and details of promotions and special offers from Glamour Bikinis and Clothing Boutique. If you do not wish to be contacted for these purposes, we offer a range of ways in which you can inform us about your marketing preferences:
- All email messages and email newsletters will contain information on how you can unsubscribe; or
- Send an email to our customer services division on firstname.lastname@example.org writing "Unsubscribe" in the subject heading; or
- Contact our customer services division - see the "Contact Us" (contact us page) section; or
- Write to us at:
Customer Services, Glamour Bikinis and Clothing Boutique, 102 Ford Rd, Upton, Wirral CH49 0TQ.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH OTHERS?
We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than Glamour Bikinis and Clothing Boutique. We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
One of the purposes for which we may disclose your address and postcode details is to check against the any Fraud Prevention Scheme. We may also disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
- What is a cookie?
- Our cookies
- Third party cookies
- How to manage cookies
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile or other handheld devices when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies, in general, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- For technical purposes essential for the operation of this website, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
- to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience by making this website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in) when you return to visit this website;
- to collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns.
Below is a list of the main cookies that are set by us when you access this website and a description of what we use them for:
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have on the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You session ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use the cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items on your Wishlist.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ - To understand the effectiveness of Facebook advertising campaigns and to compare the performance of those campaigns to ads displayed on other websites and apps;
MailChimp https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/ - Personal data of subscribers and contacts are transferred to MailChimp to allows us to create and use distribution lists, send marketing email campaigns, and place online advertisements, and transfer personal data to MailChimp’s sub-processors (who as described in their Data Processing Agreement, perform some critical services, such as helping MailChimp prevent abuse and providing support to our customers);
Please visit the relevant third-party website for more information.
If you 'share' www.glamourbikinisandclothingboutique.co.uk content with friends through social networks – such as Facebook, Google and Twitter - you may be sent cookies from these third party websites. We don't control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
How To Manage Cookies
You can enable or disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to accept or reject cookies as required. How to do this will depend on the browser you use. We have provided additional information below on how to check which browser you use and how to manage cookies. Please bear in mind that if cookies are not enabled on your computer, your activities will be restricted to browsing this website and you will not be able to add products to your shopping bag and buy them.
CHECKING WHICH BROWSER YOU USE
If you are using a PC - go to 'Help' and select the 'About' option
If you are using a Mac - click on the Apple menu within the browser and select the 'About' option
Once you know which browser you are using, follow the instructions below to check if you have cookies enabled on your computer:
CHECKING COOKIES - PC
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6,7,8
- Go to 'Tools' at the top of your browser window. Select 'Internet options'. Click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below to enable cookies
- Go to 'Tools' and select Options
- Click the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies and choose 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Go to 'Tools' and select Options
- Click 'Under the Hood' and select the 'Content settings' button within the 'Privacy' section
- Choose 'Allow local data to be set'
CHECKING COOKIES - MAC
Safari on OSX
- Click 'Safari' and select 'Preferences'
- Click 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' and select 'Preferences'
- Find ‘Cookies’ under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
Microsoft Internet Explorer on OSX
- Click 'Explorer' and select 'Preferences'
- Find 'Cookies' under ‘Receiving Files’
- Select 'Never Ask'
- Click 'Menu' and select 'Settings'
- Select 'Preferences' and then 'Advanced'
- Select 'Accept cookies'
We’ll always keep your data safe and secure.